Anybody ditch their DSLR an go FZ300 or Bridge only ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
chr1st1an
chr1st1an Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: Anybody ditch their DSLR an go FZ300 or Bridge only ?

I never owned a DSLR and I'm happy with my FZ1000. But with two little kids I found that the camera size is important and I'm taking more and more pics with my phone.

Main problem is the size of the fz1000, I must carry a bag and if I want to take a quick shot I have to open the bag, open the lens cap, turn on the camera, etc.

So I decided to go smaller and bought recently a lumix ZS100. I found it more convenient, it can fit in my hand and I don't need to hang it around my neck and lugging with lens cap when I want to take a snap of my kids. The IQ is very good, though probably not as good as the FZ1000. And it has it's limitations, like the aperture at the long end.

I plan to use the zs100 for the 80 % of my shots, where I want good quality but also want to quickly have the camera ready.

But, I also decided to sell the fz1000 and buy a dslr. Probably a Nikon D5300 with a Sigma 17-50 or 17-70.

I think that camera will cover the other 20%, where I can take my time to take pics and play with adjustments.

I prefer an APS-C mirrorless camera, but they are too expensive and so do are the lenses.

Really don't know if I'm doing the right thing. But I hate when sometimes I have to leave the fz1000 at the hotel or at home and taking just the phone with me because of it's size.

Christian

chr1st1an's gear list:chr1st1an's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Panasonic FZ1000
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow