Lesson Learned, X-Pro2 Viewfinder not as WR as you would hope

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
highmountainwoody New Member • Posts: 13
Lesson Learned, X-Pro2 Viewfinder not as WR as you would hope

Did a shoot for a hiking event on Saturday in the rain.  I brought along my trusty X-Pro2 and a few WR lenses but ended up sticking with my 16mm/1.4 lens which is WR.  Unfortunately the rain was a lot worse than a light drizzle and was actually pretty torrential at some points when we didnt have tree cover.

Near the top of the mountain we got soaked, and so did my camera.  The first symptom was the Light Meter not getting things correct.  Then the camera only took images that were completely white and the auto shutter speed thought it needed to be 8000.  I panicked, dried off the camera as best I could and put it away in my bag, not using it for the rest of the event...

After I took it out the Viewfinder was completely fogged up and the Camera was behaving erratically.

Fortunately for me after taking out the battery, SD Card, and taking off the lens.  Then leaving it to dry out in silica gel for two days the Camera seems to be behaving normally again without any permanent damage from what I can see.

Lesson learned, WR does not always mean WR.  Very disappointed this happened as the camera has always performed very well in wet conditions before, even being completely covered in snow!

Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PT
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow