Can any existing Fuji 'joystick' users comment on use in menus?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CherryPie New Member • Posts: 6
Can any existing Fuji 'joystick' users comment on use in menus?

I'd really appreciate some feedback from existing X-T2, X-Pro 2, X100F users that have tried the 'AF joystick' for functions *other* than moving the focus point, e.g. traversing the menus, selecting menu options, or browsing images in playback.

All the reviews that I've seen, including those for the new X-E3, only talk about the joystick as an 'AF point' select control but that ignores the impact of the missing D-Pad on the X-E3. I'm guessing the joystick support in the X-E3 is currently very similar to the other Fuji cameras and existing owners might know how the joystick currently works compared to the D-Pad.

I *know* there are touch/swipe functions on the X-E3 that allow UI navigation, and I *know* the omission of the D-Pad means there are fewer assignable Function buttons, but I'd rather not confuse the thread with those...

Question is, is the joystick a viable alternative to the D-Pad for navigating the rear screen if I prefer that to the touch/swipe?

Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow