Canon 7D Mk 2 :Macro Attempt with the 100-40mm Mark II

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
makarandsaraf Senior Member • Posts: 1,200
Canon 7D Mk 2 :Macro Attempt with the 100-40mm Mark II

Hello,

Greetings from India. I am basically an enthusiast photographer interested in shooting Birds, Macros, Wildlife in general and landscape and nature shots.

I am new to the Canon family having migrated from the Olympus family (using it since the last 6 -7 years). I have recently laid my hands on a used Canon 100-400mm IS II lens and the very popular Canon EOS 7D Mk II camera.

Posting some macro shots which I have attempted over the last weekend using this combination. Kindly give your esteemed comments and criticisms on this attempt of mine. All shots have been taken hand-held and are Jpegs straight out of camera with minimal post-processing.

Kindly enlighten me on how to improve the quality of the images and how to get the best out of this gear- for Macro as well as Birding.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Regards,

Dainty Damsel amongst the Droplets

Dainty Damsel amongst the Flowers

Orange Beauty

The Green Damsel

The Striped Tiger Butterfly (That's what we call it here in India)

-- hide signature --

Makarand Saraf.

makarandsaraf's gear list:makarandsaraf's gear list
Olympus E-5 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +2 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow