Capturing my own proposal... Interval timer?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bawsey New Member • Posts: 4
Capturing my own proposal... Interval timer?

I'm going on vacation with my girlfriend and I'm planning on proposing during a hike. There's a specific lookout point that I have in mind where I want to pop the question.

My plan is to set up my X-T2 on a tripod and tell my girlfriend that I'm setting up the timer for a selfie, but I'll actually be setting up the interval timer to take photos every one or two seconds for the next couple of minutes. Then I'll join her in the shot and get on one knee.

I'm an amateur photographer and I've only been able to test this out in my living room so I imagine a lot can go wrong with this. Ideally, I would like to take bracketed shots because the lighting may be tricky but I worry that it will be too much for my camera to handle (the camera froze during one of the tests but it seemed like the photos were still there). I'm also considering just doing video instead to keep it simpler.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to make this go as smoothly as possible?

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow