I don't think Nikon D850 beats Canon 5Div

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 20,301
Re: Better DR for better photos??

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

brightcolours wrote:

MarshallG wrote:

At least, in my case, I already have a Canon full frame system. The 32 megapixels of the 5Div is plenty. In fact, it's kind of a nuisance because copying, opening and editing files takes longer.

While the Nikon definitely looks interesting, the better video resolution doesn't interest me, especially since it can't focus video as well as the Canon. I think in-focus video is more important than sharper video anyway.

At the end of the day, I have to ask whether this Nikon would deliver better photos. And that would require better low light performance and better DR.

Most "higher DR" photos I have seen do not make for "better". More like "making up for talent". Or "lack of taste".

I'll wait for the test results, but I doubt that we'll see a significant difference in those areas... so I tend to doubt that this camera will make my photos better.

Why is it that on a gear forum when someone points out another camera has better sensor performance the default comeback is "it won't make you a better photographer".

This is a gear forum. We are comparing performance of gear not photographers which would be a photographers forum.

Greg.

Very true.  The higher quality camera will always give a photographer more to work with.  But this inst about a photographer...just the tool.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow