Would you want an internally zooming 24-70?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gameshoes3003
gameshoes3003 New Member • Posts: 23
Would you want an internally zooming 24-70?

I've been wondering for a while why we have internally zooming 70-200 lenses but not 24-70 lenses. Just by my own biases, I think that I would prefer using a lens that internally zooms. I personally use the Nikon 24-70, and I just get annoyed by always having to set the thing back at 50mm to pack it away (I know, first world problems). I don't have to do that with my 70-200.

Now, now, I understand that they could be rather large. The Sigma 18-35 is a chunky piece of kit for such a short focal range. I did own one of these for about 8 months, and I really enjoyed using it. To me, having a piece of kit that didn't change in size was so much more satisfying. Just a quirk in my usage preferences???

I would think that making some things, such as dust/waterproof cases would be much easier with an internally zooming lens. I don't know if an internally zooming lens would be any more, or less prone to dust/water than the current ones.

But, yeah, just a thought to put out there. Would you want an internal zoom lens? I think I would.

gameshoes3003's gear list:gameshoes3003's gear list
Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow