Dressage Horse and Trainer/Rider

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
genrxr Regular Member • Posts: 334
Dressage Horse and Trainer/Rider

Went to watch my brother's fiancé show her horse, Ben last weekend.  Prior to going, looked up what is popular for photographing horses and this blacking the background kept coming up, so thought I would give it a go.

The horse was national champ in hand as 3 year old.  He is 5 now.  She is a Gran Prix level trainer/rider and hopes Ben will be at that level within next 5-7 years.  She works her horses slowly so they develop their muscles properly.  Otherwise you can ruin a dressage horse.

First time to do this type of photo and am aware the pants have a color cast on them that probably could have been removed from the raw file, but was happy with the ooc jpeg that I decided to live with it.  Am also aware I made it even worse during processing, sigh. Besides, the other processing was going to take me a while, since I am new to it.

Watched this video to figure out how they do it.

Obviously, I was not paid for the shot and she seems to be happy, but is it acceptable if it were for someone other than family?

1/250, f 3.2, iso 200, fl 22mm, 18-55mm lens, XT-2

Used photoshop to black out and portrait pro 15 to work her face

Before

After

-- hide signature --
 genrxr's gear list:genrxr's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow