Piezography... real or snake oil?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vmarks Regular Member • Posts: 146
Piezography... real or snake oil?

Hi,

I'm making a series of A2 (17" x 22") B&W prints for my home, and am considering a switch from OEM inks on my Epson 3880 to the Jon Cone / Piezopgraphy Pro inks sold by inkjetmall.com.

I would value some objective opinion from the community that has tried these inks. Is the output from Piezography process really that much better than using OEM inks with a proper workflow*?

For anyone that has seen both, how does output from an Epson 3880 with Piezography pro inkset compare to the Canon Progaf Pro-1000 for B&W output? Is the new Canon printer capable of matching the Piezography output?

I realize this is somewhat objective, and I should "see for myself". However, I'm based in China where its quite difficult find or see any of this gear or its output.

Cheers,
vmarks

* my current workflow is printing via Lightroom in color (managed by lightroom) to Moab Lasal or Ilford Gallerie smooth peal paper with the matching ICC profiles. My images tend to be selenium brown duotones or neutral grey

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow