GFX vs. X1D - Decision

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
charbsindxb
charbsindxb Regular Member • Posts: 254
GFX vs. X1D - Decision

Looking seriously in to acquiring one of these amazing devices. I have done my homework and am well aware of the pro's and cons. The X1D is the more aesthetically pleasing device to look at and admire. The software sucks, no joystick, super buggy. The GFX is basically the opposite, designed with the professional photographer in mind. No native HSS (yet). I do need HSS, yes using ND filters could be a potential work around.

All signs point to the GFX but I guess my question is, what would make someone choose the X1D over the GFX? The look and size is extremely appealing to me, to the point where I would even consider taking this thing out for street photography in a 3rd world country (kind of might be the plan actually).

Budget is not really an issue at this point either.

Thanks for any input!

-- hide signature --

Casual Hobbyist aka noob.
Instagram: @charbsindxb << cool stuff.

charbsindxb's gear list:charbsindxb's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Hasselblad X1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow