Post your quick look eclipse shots here

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
RustierOne
RustierOne Veteran Member • Posts: 4,179
Re: Eclipse from Lake Billy Chinook, Near Madras, OR

Bob in Baltimore wrote:

Hi folks. I suggest we post our quick look shots in a single thread. I am sure that there will be some super HDR composites coming along, but who wants to wait?

Shot in Drigg's, Idaho on the western edge of the Grand Tetons. Less than 5% cloud cover, but significant smoke. Rented D810, Rented Nikon 300 mm f/2.8. One of a sequence. Minimal processing.

Same image hyped to bring out the corona.

Great capture, Bob!!

I was afraid I got nothing during totality. Got so dark I couldn't see my timepiece. The script that was supposed to be used went by the wayside. Everything was hand triggered 10-seond AVI videos. After stacking with AutoStakkert!-2 this is a quick process with Lightroom-5. Some artifacts on the limb of the Moon. Colors are just my attempt to get something near natural.

Pentax 135mm f/2.5 @ f/3.7, ZWO ASI290MC video camera - best 17 of 113 images stacked with AutoStakkert!-2

Pentax 135mm f/2.5 @ f/3.7, ZWO ASI290MC video camera - best 17 of 113 images stacked with AutoStakkert!-2

The second is just brightened a bit. I just pleased that something was accomplished. There were quite a few videos of the partial phase yet to process.

Near Madras, Oregon during the eclipse there were light high clouds and moderate smoke. Talk about the 2 minutes going by fast.

We just got home back in Coos Bay. It was about an 8 hour drive, much of it very smokey. It will be a while before I have time to process any others. Just happy to have gotten something.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
Russ

RustierOne's gear list:RustierOne's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow