I might be a convert to MFT...!

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Foto4x4 Senior Member • Posts: 1,325
I might be a convert to MFT...!

A few years ago, while looking for a compact system, my local shop suggested I look at MFT. At the time I was looking for something even smaller and settled on a Sony RX100II. That introduction to Sony led me later to Sony's E-mount systems. I didn't give MFT another thought until a few weeks ago. Generally happy with Sony, my current system is an A6300 plus some lenses and a RX10III.

Somewhere recently I stumbled across an article about Olympus's OMD series feature set and quality range of lenses. I liked what I read so decided to look for a good 2nd hand E-M1 or E-M5II and a couple lenses. I won an eBay auction as the only bidder on an E-M5II + 14-150II. I also wanted to try the 12-40/2.8 and found a near mint one of those well priced too. Impressed, I decided to add a 75-300II as well. I also got a Fotodiox grip which makes an enormous difference to handling. I thought the menus may take me a bit to find things but after Sony's I'm finding it easier than expected.

I'm still learning how to get the best from the kit but I'm finding the IBIS enables me to use the long telezoom handheld in even pretty ordinary light and the noise well controlled in OOC jpegs. Better than expected I must say. I ceased shooting raw a couple years ago with the better in-camera processing of recent cameras and if needed, I can still improve my images quite well in LR and PS. Main reason is that I like to update my travel blog from my iPad and it's easier to do that if I transfer my images direct to the iPad and do some PP in LR Mobile before uploading to my blogs.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some examples of photos I shot at our local botanic gardens and seek comments and advice from anyone willing to share their thoughts.

Water dragon

Banksia

Grevillea

Grevillea

Strelitzia

Magpie-Lark also known as Peewee

Another Water dragon and friend...

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
John

Foto4x4's gear list:Foto4x4's gear list
Sony RX10 III Olympus E-M5 II Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +8 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow