Hard drive optimization??

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Timzee Contributing Member • Posts: 985
Hard drive optimization??

As we expect an increased need to edit video on our notebook, I'm looking at what might be the best option for adding hard drives to be used by Premiere Pro 2017.

Currently have 1 internal 7200 SATA drive that's used mainly for storage as well as a Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB M2 drive. There are 2 additional ports for internal drives but for the sake of flexibility/portability, I'd prefer to start with external options. The notebook has two USB 3.1 Gen 2 (Thunderbolt 3) Combo Ports -- Type C, two USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1) ports, and one USB 2.0 port (obviously not contemplating using the USB 2.0 here).

Samsung's T3 drive seems to be mentioned a lot as one of the better options. Anyone have any experience w/ this drive or suggestions as to what other external drive might be of comparable value?

Also, given the desktop doesn't have any of these newer ports, am I correct in assuming that a PCMCIA type adapter would work well to add that functionality?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow