Zeiss Batis 18mm F/2.8

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Fat Fish
The Fat Fish Regular Member • Posts: 352
Zeiss Batis 18mm F/2.8

Hi all,

I am still looking to move to full frame Sony from Canon and want to know what you think of the Zeiss Batis 18mm F/2.8?

My most used lens on my 6D is my Canon EF 16-35mm F/4 L IS USM which is fantastic, but I have seen a few reports and example showing decreased corner sharpness when it is adapted to the Sony FF bodies.

I have also hired an A7RII with the Sony Zeiss FE 16-35mm F/4 and wasn't too impressed. It was a nice lens but it didn't wow me like the Canon did.

The other lens I looked at is the Sony GM 16-35mm F/2.8 and from everything I can see it is fantastic. My big issue with it is the price. At £2300 it's VERY expensive and even £400 more than the brand new Canon 16-35mm III F/2.8 (£1900). As fantastic as it is, I really can't justify that price especially compared to the Canon.

The reason I ask about the Batis is I have found 16mm is my most used focus length and I don't necessarily need the zoom range.

Has anyone here used the Batis and can recommend or advise against it? Also do you think I would notice the 2mm difference between 16mm and 18mm?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

-- hide signature --

If you're a fan of mediocre landscape photography, check out mine:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alexwedlake/

The Fat Fish's gear list:The Fat Fish's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Canon EOS 6D Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow