Recently got a Fuji X20 and am blown away

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
10 New Member • Posts: 19
Recently got a Fuji X20 and am blown away

Hi,

So I've been using my Nikon D90 for a long time, I know I know it's quite old, but it served me well. Some weeks ago a very friendly retired photographer gifted me his Fuji X20 because he never used it. At first I wasn't sure what I was gonna do with it. I believed my phone took better pictures and I had a dslr already. How wrong I was! Just now I started comparing it with my D90 and Nikkor 50mm 1.8F AF-S lens and it actually produces better quality images! I compared the RAW and the JPEG options and in both the X20 produces sharper images, as well as in lower light. The only negative I have found is that it doesn't seem to autofocus that well in the dark. I spot an autofocus light on the body, but it never seems to turn on. Also, I can't seem to get the flash to work.

Anyway, I was planning on bringing my D90 with me to my travels in Asia, but now I'm not sure anymore. 28-112mm on the X20 isn't perfect though so I'm still debating. Love the lightweight and compactness.

10's gear list:10's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2
Fujifilm X20 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow