Sigma camera divisions Future and Direction ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JayDog Forum Member • Posts: 85
Sigma camera divisions Future and Direction ?

So Sigma seems to be set on image quality . My question, do you think the future of Sigma Cameras are bright ? In an interview with the CEO of Sigma they acknowledged that the camera division has had substantial losses and that the lens division has had to carry them financially.

I know this has been brought up before but where do you see Sigma cameras are going? The past 15 years has seen sigma focus on image quality over other photography metrics. With the releases of the quattro H we are seeing very high resolution images in respect to APS nikon/Canon. There appears an even bigger gap between the quattro H vs the traditional APS sensor than those back in the SD9 days vs the 5mp cameras.

Do you think Sigma will keep going in the direction of  larger resolution ? Maybe MF sensors or do you see them scaling back on camera development all together ?

I ask this because a new system with  lenses and cameras are a very large investment.

I think the investment would be safe if I were to assume that resolution and IQ were  going to be a major focus when or if Sigma Upgrades there cameras.

I hate to see Canon come out with a 85 mp camera for an APS system. For the long haul it appears Canon is a safe bet to invest in lenses, and camera bodies.  They always seem to be there.

Jay

Sigma sd Quattro H Sigma SD9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow