New Dell XPS Desktop - Graphics Card Connection to Monitor(s)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Selene Contributing Member • Posts: 731
New Dell XPS Desktop - Graphics Card Connection to Monitor(s)

I just got a new Dell XPS system with a NVidia Graphics Card.  The computer has HDMI and displayport  options. I currently have the computer connected to my monitor with an HDMI cable in this port. The leaflet that came with the computer (maybe 4 very small pages) says that the monitor should be connected to the ports on the graphics card with an arrow pointing to part of the computer. I am pretty sure this is the graphics card and it has a couple of hdmi ports, a displayport, and a dvi port.  Yet, I can't get an image on the monitor when I plug either of my cables (hdmi/display port) into what seems to be the graphics card ports.  Do I need to activate the graphics card first or something like that?  I will call Dell tonight when I get home from work, but I was wondering if anyone here knows what if anything I need to do to connect the monitor with the graphics card.  I am assuming that is what I want to do.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow