Tristate Camera 1 Yr Warranty on Imports

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Setter Dog Veteran Member • Posts: 5,111
Tristate Camera 1 Yr Warranty on Imports

I'm shopping for a P900 to replace one that went back during my return period. I loved the camera until if failed. I didn't need it until mid September for a trip to the National Parks, so I'm just now getting around to shopping for a new one.

The first thing I've noticed is that the retail price seems to have gone up to $699. My recollection is that it used to be about $599?

I've also noticed a lot of import models being offered here and there. Amazon has import models offered as part of bundles, but they don't state they are import models. The Amazon seller, Tristate, seems to have good reviews.

I called Tristate today and they confirmed that their sales through Amazon and their direct sales are "Direct Imports", which translates into no factory warranty. However, Tristate says their cameras come with a one year company warranty, which is the "same as Nikon's 1yr warranty".

My question is,....does anyone have any experience with Tristate, specifically their company warranty?

A purchase from Tristate would save several hundred bucks,......

Comment or PMs appreciated.

Jack

Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow