Seriously, I don't hate Americans

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
57even Forum Pro • Posts: 11,191
Seriously, I don't hate Americans

Or America for that matter...

Do I sometimes hate US foreign policy, such as Iraq war 2. Certainly. Do I sometimes hate the people you choose to lead you? (Bush/Cheney, Trump/Pence) sure I do. With a passion. But so do a lot of Americans.

Do I hate the forum trolls who claim to be American and rant constantly about everything to do with minorities and cherry pick BS 'facts' from loony websites that could be debunked by a five year old? Sure. But we have a few British trolls who do the same.

Do I also hate what my own government in the UK is doing,  Absolutely. Do I accept that we share part of the blame for the mess in the ME? Absolutely. Are humans all equally varied under the skin, sure. Does every country have its issues? Absolutely.

Is someone who voted for Trump any dumber than someone who voted for Brexit? Probably not. Is anyone who still thinks either was a good idea living in an alternate reality? Probably so.

But having travelled extensively in the US, even in some of the more remote areas and backwoods of the deep South, my experience of the locals was often overwhelmingly positive. Not always for sure, but I am a diplomatic polite kind of person who seldom ruffles anyone. They don't have to carry a gun for me to be polite. Moreover, I met some of the best and smartest people I have ever had the privilege to work with, saw some amazing scenery, ate some fantastic food, enjoyed a lot of live music, and met a lot of exceptionally hot women. You can do that in the UK too, but most of the hot women turn out to be from the EU.

Nor can I claim any moral superiority, based on the behaviour of UK football fans, or the drunken slobs who mob the beaches of Southern Spain every summer. I stay as far away from them as I can. I could also say from experience that if you want to see classic examples of incompetent middle management, the UK is a fascinating case study. We wrote the book on that one. But most of us do not conform to those stereotypes, just as most people of other races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations and professions seldom conform to theirs.

So to the trolls, slobs, dumb-asses and nutjobs from the UK and US, all I can say is you give your fellow Americans and Brits a bad name. Your intolerance reflects badly on all of us middle of the road white folks who just want to get along as best we can. Your posts inspires our enemies and fuel terrorism and resentment. You are the perfect ammunition to justify the beliefs of people like ISIS. In fact, it's hard to tell the difference. You dis-empower women, hate gay people, blacks, Muslims, and indeed any section of the population that does not share all your views. You are just the same, a reflection in a mirror of prejudice.

If fact, you hate nearly everyone, which makes you a bunch of utter losers. Get a real job.

And for the record, an 'education' is not a left-wing liberal plot to brainwash you. It is just something you can't absorb.

And for the benefit of Papsquat, I am just exercising my right to free speech. Suck it up.

-- hide signature --

Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western Civilisation?"
Mahatma Gandhi: "I think it would be a very good idea!"

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow