Trump goes against his own long standing postition

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Don_D
Don_D Forum Pro • Posts: 20,062
Trump goes against his own long standing postition

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Trump reversed himself in a thoughtful way.

He admitted that he was going against his own long standing instincts.

He always said that the war in Afghanistan was a bad thing.

Now he was convinced by his generals that to end the war in Afghanistan would be a repeat of the hasty withdrawal in Iraq....which created a void into which ISIS stepped.

Trump essentially said that the buck stops here.....and that decisions made to sent troops into battle from behind the desk in the oval office were different and difficult....it actually seemed that the weight of the Office of the President had finally gotten through to him....that he though about the good of the Country instead of what was good for him.

From a president that usually doubles down on his positions, it was a welcome change.

I noticed a minor but hypocritical note was struck when he talked about the military free from bias and bigotry, yet left out the LGBTQ community.

I fully expect that Trump will revert to form and throw red meat to the crowd in his speech in Phoenix tonight.....after the somber speech he just gave he needs to hear a cheering crowd to get his weekly fix.

-- hide signature --

Don

Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow