"for about 2 minutes it was like Trump was no longer President"

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LB Genius Regular Member • Posts: 136
"for about 2 minutes it was like Trump was no longer President"

For around 2 minutes Science came to the rescue of our country.

I stood with a large group of people, all nationalities and all races. We stood and smiled and cheered together. One man with a thick foreign accent gave away his eclipse glasses to young children. Others shared theirs between people of all races.

Where I was we stood for 2 minutes and 37 seconds enjoying "science" together. No one doubted the predictions, and no one questioned the science behind it. Everyone instead had a great time and created memories with new friends of every race and nationality that will last a life time.

When it over my friend, a life long Republican, looked around with an uncontrollable grin, turned to me and said, "it is like Trump is no longer President".  Even he "got it".

...then we came home and found Trump had legalized coal companies polluting our drinking water and escalated a never ending war.

Oh well, for those precious two minutes Science helped everyone forget about Trump and enjoy science, the eclipse and life.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow