X-T1 + 35 MM F/2 or Ricoh GR II?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gallardo_j New Member • Posts: 2
X-T1 + 35 MM F/2 or Ricoh GR II?

Hello guys, I want a camera that I can carry every day to document my life - this will be the most expensive buy to date but I wouldn't consider myself clueless (I know a little bit more than the basics of how to take a proper photo, have read several books and watched plenty of videos). I like street photography mostly.

1) $800 XT-1+35MM F/2 from BH

2) $600 Ricoh GR II

My priorities are IQ and portability (I want to use it everyday). I discarded the X100/X70 because my searches in forums and reviews claimed the Ricoh camera as the superior IQ. I like the XT-1 aesthetically and it's a very sharp combo from what I've read. The problem is I am a student and don't have much income so it would be hard for me to buy another lens anytime soon.

I like the idea of having the potential to buy new lenses to try different styles of photography but at this time of my life it seems like an expensive hobby. Mostly concerned whether the Ricoh GR would limit me creatively (I am guessing the X-T1 has more functionality and may be the better choice to grow as a photographer??) or the idea of it feeling like a toy camera.

I considered MFT, particularly the Lumix GX85 (body only + prime lens), but I felt more attracted to the current options. Other suggestions are very welcome.

Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Ricoh GR II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow