first attempt at the milkyway

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
timmyW New Member • Posts: 15
first attempt at the milkyway

Hi all,

First of all , im a HUGE noob when it comes to photography and post processing etc.

But i decided to try out a milkyway shot. A little info beforehand i live in the netherlands and i made this picture in a red zone according to the darksite finder map linked below!

http://darksitefinder.com/maps/world.html

So after alot of post processing i finally was able to see a part of the milkyway (didnt point the camera exactly right at the milkyway sadly....) But the more i post proces this the more noise comes in the picture. I have to say this is absolutly horrible.  but if dont do this that heavy , i cant see the milkyway. so choices to be made here and i took the noise for what it is.  I used a G80 with the 14-140 lens. I took the shot at the following settings:

ISO 800

F4

SS 30sec.

14MM

Now i know the lens is a really bad one to shoot it with AND the area i shot is also almost the worst place to do it. But still looking for advice how to improve guys. I hope you can help me get the better shot next time. Less noise etc.

Cheers!

Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow