Eclipse from Cascade, Idaho

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
McCoy86
McCoy86 Regular Member • Posts: 167
Eclipse from Cascade, Idaho

I was lucky enough to have a relative that has a cabin 10 miles from the totality line, just south of Cascade, Idaho. The drive was only 4 hours, and we got the added bonus of spending time with family we don't see often.

I didn't want to focus *too much* on taking photos, so just planned a few shots during the first part of the eclipse (need to play with these), quickly remove the filter and my goal was to get the 'diamond ring' if all possible. I had a sheet printed out and just played with the exposure time a little on a few of the shots, but tried to spend more time just taking it all in with my eyes. I don't regret bringing the camera.

All were shot with the Fuji X-T2 and the 100-400mm telephoto with the 1.4TC. F8.0, ISO200, 330mm.

I had the flare on all the shots with the diamond ring, I don't want to remove them yet, but might play with them in the future.

Squint your eyes for this one.

This was my last shot... I found this one interesting, I pumped up the exposure and the whites and found a lot of stars... just view at 100% and you will see.

I used my son's X-E1 to take some candid shots, it worked out pretty good this way.

-- hide signature --

-Monty

McCoy86's gear list:McCoy86's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +5 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow