Tamron 24-70 G1 got splashed

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nhpnw Junior Member • Posts: 40
Tamron 24-70 G1 got splashed

I accidentally knocked my camera bag into a shallow pool of a steam yesterday. My Tamron 24-70 (ostensibly weather sealed) was in the bag with both lens caps on. Only part of it went in the water and I pulled it out very quickly, but both the front and rear got wet on the outside. After rescuing it, I made the poor decision of trying it on my camera, and it seemed to work. I dried off some minor moisture around the lens mount, inside the rear cap. I tested the lens again (bad idea in hindsight) when I got home, and it again worked, although the AF seemed slightly slow (I could have just been paranoid though). Then, I wrapped it in a towel with both caps off and left it in the sun. Considering that it worked both times, how much risk do you think there is that the lens will have problems when it's done dying off? Any advice on how I should proceed from here? Thanks!

nhpnw's gear list:nhpnw's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Tamron 15-30mm F2.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow