Shots from Otakon 2017

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
q5sys
q5sys Regular Member • Posts: 246
Shots from Otakon 2017

I rented an a99ii for Otakon this year... which was fantastic... and not so fantastic. The former because I realized how much of an upgrade it was from my a77ii, and the latter because now I desperately want one.

Unfortunately at a convention like Otakon, the light is generally horrible, and there are so many people around and you have to move quick that it's hard to take as much time as I like with a person to make sure that I nail focus, and since I'm going to be down sizing these to 24mpx for people... I had a bit of wiggle room if I missed focus a little bit. 99% of the people were just going to use the photos on instagram... and at that resolution I could be wildly off on focusing and it'd still look great.

Here are a few photos from the weekend, with a link to the album with more images at: http://www.pixl.photography/Otakon-2017/

q5sys's gear list:q5sys's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A65 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +30 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow