That old lens question sigh! Too greedy?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lewton
Lewton Forum Member • Posts: 55
That old lens question sigh! Too greedy?

I have a D3100 (Only a D3100, but it's served me well)

18-55mm kit lens

Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG

Tokina AT-X PRO 11-16mm F2.8 DXII

Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM

AF-S Nikkor 1:1.8 G Prime

My question concerns the fact that I have a new puppy, which I'd love to photograph in still situations (with nice bokeh), and also in fast action situations. She runs like the wind andvery 'bouncy'.

Also, and in addition, I'd like to  hone my portrait photography skills, sometimes close-up portraits too (both humans and pets), as I've been asked to do these based on what they've seen already (modest efforts at most, on family).

Do I have what I need (am I being greedy?)? Or, for around £300, should I perhaps splash out on a better lens than what I anticipate using mostly, namely the 70-300mm and the 50mm 1.8 prime?

For the action puppy/adult dog shots, sharpness and the best lens for my budget is important to me. IF it improves on what I have. For the pet and human portrait shots, it's the potential to get even better quality captures and gorgeous bokeh that are my aspirations.

Should I add to my lenses and, if so, what lens could justify me spending the dosh?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

www.gelertphotography.co.uk

Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow