Solar eclipse results, comments, experience

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HaroldC3
HaroldC3 Senior Member • Posts: 1,962
Solar eclipse results, comments, experience

I ended up hiking up a local mountain hoping for a good scene during the eclipse.  We were only getting 96% coverage here and I had no idea what 4% was going to look like.  As the eclipse was happening I kept thinking, "when is it going to get dark?"  Eventually it started getting dimmer and dimmer but I never did get a good photo of the landscape showing the results of the eclipse.  It never got very dark, which was a little disappointing but also a testament to what 4% of the sun looks like.

Also, I did experience the temperature drop which felt weird.  However, I didn't notice any weird animal activity.  At one point, early on, I got goosebumps, not from the cold, but from the experience.  I was alone, trying to soak it all in, trying not to concentrate too much on my camera.

HaroldC3's gear list:HaroldC3's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow