Need some lens advice for A6000 with FE camera in the future

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fjbyrne
fjbyrne Veteran Member • Posts: 8,222
Need some lens advice for A6000 with FE camera in the future

I posted the following on the full-frame forum:

I currently own the following A-mount gear: A700, SSM/SAM - Sony 70-200G, Sony 70-300G, Sony 35/1.8, Sony 18-55, Sony 55-200 and some screw drive stuff (Sony 11-18, Minolta 28-75/2.8, Minolta 70-210/4, Minolta 50/1.7, Minolta 18-70), HLV-56 flash.

I also own the following E-mount gear: A6000, Sony 16-50, Sony 10-18/4, Sony 35/1.8 and LEA3 adapter.

I'm considering getting a full-frame camera (have a grand child on the way) so I'd like some advice on what to get. Should I get an A99 or an A7RII+LEA? Should I just use what I have and maybe get some more lenses?

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The answer was the A99II which makes a lot of sense given my A-mount kit. My issues with getting the A99II are:

1. While not dead the A-mount is not being developed as much as the E-mount (at least right now). Sony's best lenses are being developed for the FE so I am reluctant to invest in any more A-mount gear.
  2. I really want the FE 100mm f/2.8 STF GM

So I was thinking of maybe postponing the full-frame move and getting some new lenses for my A6000 (I think I want to wait for some trickle down from the A9 before going FE camera). Aside from the aforementioned STF GM lens I was wondering what gear would be good to shoot my  grand child coming this spring.

Thanks for any assistance!

-- hide signature --

Rick

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony a9 Sony Alpha a99 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow