Question about halo showing up in some pictures. Sony A850

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cadkins New Member • Posts: 3
Question about halo showing up in some pictures. Sony A850

Hi, I have a little question that hopefully can be answered. This is my first dslr type camera, It's a Sony a850. Strictly for amateur use. I'm experiencing a problem that can be seen in the attached images. I have 3 different lenses (bought on a budget).

Minolta AF 28-85 f3.5-4.5

Quantray AF 19-35 f3.5-4.5

Minolta AF 50 f1.7

This is seemingly occurring at random. The common thing I see, is that it's happening in bright outdoor conditions. I've never seen this effect happen with low light situations like night, or indoors. It happens with both the 28-85 and the 19-35. Otherwise I'd chalk it up to a problem with one of the lenses. I've never seen it with the 50 lens though.

I keep all the raw's I shoot, these are the ones that stand out most. I don't believe it's lens flare, since the first 2 attached images are of opposite angles.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here? I've looking in the camera body, nothing seems off, the mirror and everything seems clean. Lastly this effect doesn't show up in the viewfinder.

Sony Alpha DSLR-A850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow