Capture One color problem

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Olifaunt Forum Member • Posts: 98
Capture One color problem

I am comparing different RAW developers and are running into problems with color rendering in several of them for Ricoh GR II files. With Capture One I find most images are rendered fine but ran into certain problem images that I can't fix at all. For example the attached image is rendered realistically in the out-of-camera JPEG, but the magenta tones mixed in the petals are just completely absent in the Capture One rendering and I can't recover them.

It is not a problem with the file, since the hues in this same RAW are rendered correctly in DXO Pro and the Silkypix-based Pentax developer, all with WB as shot. Lightroom has the same problem as C1, but that is not surprising as Lightroom camera profiles for the Ricoh GR are known to be pretty inaccurate.

C1's profile for Ricoh is generally pretty good AFAICT and I like other aspects of C1, but if I keep running into random problem images like this that require major time investments to fix it would be a real dealbreaker. I've tried changing the blue into a more magenta tone in the color editor, for example, but that just uniformly changes all the blue to magenta of course, so I can't recover the rich mix of shades of blue and magenta that way. White balance and overall tint adjustments do nothing to help.

Any suggestions? DXO Pro is so far the only developer that works consistently  for Ricoh colors as far as I can judge, but will require a lot more fiddling than C1 for other things.

C1 rendering (magenta tones in petals is missing, it is just shades of blue)

Camera JPEG rendering (accurate)

Ricoh GR II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow