A6500 Flaws / Possible Upgrade?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VPideology New Member • Posts: 3
A6500 Flaws / Possible Upgrade?

Hi guys,

I had a quick question, I recently purchased the A6500 to do video (my wife owns a photography business) and we wanted to expand out.

So, the A6500 at 1080p produces amazing video and I have really enjoyed it, i'm using the Sigma 30mm 1.4 lens. I use the camera with auto image stabilization on, while on my Zhiyun Crane V2. I have noticed, even after updating to v1.3 firmware occasional random sensor jolts during recording, I shot an all day session for a wedding at the beach in Florida, and noticed this during the day/night (all footage was in 1080p from 30fps-120fps). I also noticed when reviewing some of my shots, what looked like a weird rolling shutter effect, where only the top or bottom row of pixels hard shifted while moving. The problem is this occured WAY more often than every now and then. The majority of my footage was perfect, but these random instances that occurred multiple times throughout the day is making me think twice.

Would upgrading to the A7sii fix my issue here or am I missing an important factor?

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow