Quick'N'Dirty Eclipse from FL - FE100-400mm + 1.4X TC

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
Flat view
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 29,074
Quick'N'Dirty Eclipse from FL - FE100-400mm + 1.4X TC

Unfortunately, not in the path of totality and not at home where I can access my computer for a proper editing suite with real resizing algorithms...but figured I'd share a shot of how the eclipse looked down here in South Florida, where we were at about 81% coverage:

This was transferred from camera to Windows 10, and resized using default 'photos' viewer from Windows - nothing fancy unfortunately.  I had no solar filters or ND filters - just straight camera and lens - using the A6300, with FE100-400mm lens and 1.4X TC, shot through cloudy skies (which acted as my ND filter of sorts).  I also set down to ISO100, F45 (Yes, you read that right!), and 1/4000 shutter speed.  Major diffraction territory at F45 and I saw spots and stuff on my sensor I never could imagine...but I wanted to protect the sensor best I could.

-- hide signature --

galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +22 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow