Quick'N'Dirty Eclipse from FL - FE100-400mm + 1.4X TC

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 28,486
Quick'N'Dirty Eclipse from FL - FE100-400mm + 1.4X TC

Unfortunately, not in the path of totality and not at home where I can access my computer for a proper editing suite with real resizing algorithms...but figured I'd share a shot of how the eclipse looked down here in South Florida, where we were at about 81% coverage:

This was transferred from camera to Windows 10, and resized using default 'photos' viewer from Windows - nothing fancy unfortunately.  I had no solar filters or ND filters - just straight camera and lens - using the A6300, with FE100-400mm lens and 1.4X TC, shot through cloudy skies (which acted as my ND filter of sorts).  I also set down to ISO100, F45 (Yes, you read that right!), and 1/4000 shutter speed.  Major diffraction territory at F45 and I saw spots and stuff on my sensor I never could imagine...but I wanted to protect the sensor best I could.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony SLT-A68 Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +22 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow