My Favorite Wedding Lens: Sony FE 35mm f/1.4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mikee
Mikee Senior Member • Posts: 1,994
My Favorite Wedding Lens: Sony FE 35mm f/1.4

I've been asked a few times on IG what my favorite wedding lens/focal length is. Turns out my favorite wedding lens is also my favorite lens in general.

When I was with Canon, it was the same. I shot a lot with a 35mm 1.4. Today with Sony, it's the same thing but better. The keeper rate since the switch has been crazy. Accuracy has just been spot.

The reason I love this focal length so much is because for my style of shooting, I find it to be the most versatile prime lens in my bag. For weddings, I can shoot portraits with shallow dof, environmental portraits, couple shots, family portraits, group shots and even detail shots all with a single prime.

Below are some photos from a recent wedding I did where I used this lens for maybe 90% of the photos. All images are shot wide open too. For all the whole photos set, you can view them on my blog here:

http://journal.hellomikee.com/favorite-wedding-lens-sony-distagon-t-fe-35mm-f1-4/

Mikee's gear list:Mikee's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Alpha a7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a6500 Sony a9 +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow