Help me get out of Auto

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ProudDad2017 New Member • Posts: 1
Help me get out of Auto

Good day to you all.

I recently had a baby and my wife and I love taking pictures of her.  I have been using just my iphone 7 plus and taken some pretty decent images in my opinion.  My parents gave me their old Rx100 (original generation) as a baby shower gift and while it is decent I have only used the auto mode in it.  I also feel it is way too small and only does ok videos.

Here is what I am looking for, a Camera that does great photos and video for under $1000 with kit lens.  I Will do about 60% photos and 40% video, mostly indoors for now, and out doors as she starts moving around.  I want a camera I can use for a while and that I can learn with.

My top pick so far is the Panasonic G85 with kit lens.  Its right at the $1000 mark but as you know gets great reviews.  I really like the IBIS in it and the fact it does 4k video.

Is there another camera around the same price that would be better for my needs?

Thanks!

Panasonic G85 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow