Performance-wise (Lightroom, Photoshop) - 2017 MacBook Pro: With or Without Touch Bar

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
onyskj New Member • Posts: 2
Performance-wise (Lightroom, Photoshop) - 2017 MacBook Pro: With or Without Touch Bar

I'm considering buying a 2017 macbook pro 13inch. I'll use it mainly for Lightroom and Photoshop, working with 24MP RAW (Nikon D5500 for now). I tend to multitask, so I sometimes have Lightroom, Chrome, Spotify and rarely Photoshop running at the same time. I expect it not to freeze, crash or lag significantly.

My question is whether to buy a non-touchbar model: 2.5GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, or a touchbar one: 3.5GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD. At first glance, touchbar one seems to be faster due to a processor and slightly better graphics. But is it really noticeable - and would it be noticeable with my needs(Lightroom, Chrome, Spotify, Photoshop at the same time)?

I am not sure about a touchbar one because of the touch bar, which is a gimmick, might become annoying at some point and unreliable - physical buttons seem sturdier, it has shorter battery life and is more expensive. Yes, I am aware it has 4 ports, but I think I'll manage with 2.

So, basically, will a non-touchbar macbook pro, with the specs as above, fulfill my performance needs?

Or, perhaps, I should get a maxed out MacBook Air...?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow