Pentax 55-300mm lens stuck to Pentax K-70 camera

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Capekayaker New Member • Posts: 2
Pentax 55-300mm lens stuck to Pentax K-70 camera

Hi, While shooting today I guess I was not as careful as I should have been when changing lenses.  Upon mounting the Pentax 55-300 lens on my camera I saw "F---"
 flashing on my screen then tried to take the lens off but it would not budge.  When pressing the lens release button and pulling on the lens, the lens will turn about 45 degrees.  When not pressing the lens release button the lens will also turn about 45 degrees and will pull out a very little bit so that I can see a red mark around the slot.  It does not pull out the same amount all the way around.  I tried to insert my plastic driver's license into the slot but because the top of the camera (the part with the Pentax logo) protrudes over the lens, I could not get the license to go all the way around the slot.  Perhaps the card was too soft. I have a tiny screwdriver that comes with an eyeglass repair kit.  Should I try sliding that into the slot and moving it around to the side where the lens does not pull out as much?  Thank you.  Joyce Keay

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow