D5s? or end of that line

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
amateurphotographer Contributing Member • Posts: 550
D5s? or end of that line

Just out of curiosity, as a pro mirrorless has been announced sometime in the near future, do you think the current D5 will be updated to D5s or will be the D5 be the end of the line.  Of course we mortals can only guess for fun, but it's interesting times.

I am guessing the pro mirrorless will be similar spec'd as the Sony A9, but with XQD and in a larger body, maybe like the D750.

With the D850 coming out soon, this would mean the pro mirrorless is likely to have less MP, my guess around 24MP.

Rumours a while back found a leak from a guy in Scandinavia using the Sony A7s sensor in a Nikon body.  So the native iso range maybe better than the D5?

I am guessing the "pro" mirrorless would be weather sealed.

So if this pro mirrorless came out, what could the D5s offer that the mirrorless doesn't have.  The D750 is a pretty robust body, maybe not as tank proof as the D5 series, but it's pretty sturdy.

For me if Nikon came out with a pro mirrorless, similar spec to the A9, then I would buy two for event work!

Carrying two D4s is a pain in the "leg"!  and backside!

In terms of sales, I would think the sales of a pro mirrorless would be very strong as many pros/keen photographers would want one/two. while if it was a D5s this would be a niche market.

So my thinking is the D5 is the end of that line, no D5s as the pro mirrorless would take the flagship position.

Do you think there will be a D5s?

Of course the above is just for fun.

amateurphotographer's gear list:amateurphotographer's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Sony Alpha a7R II Fujifilm GFX 50S +42 more
Nikon D4S Nikon D5 Nikon D750 Nikon D850 Sony a9 Sony Alpha a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow