Faststone not auto-rotating RAW files in viewer.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stewart hull Regular Member • Posts: 267
Faststone not auto-rotating RAW files in viewer.

I'm looking through the images I took with my GX80 on my India trip on my PC. Seeing as though Windows 10 won't natively show the thumbnails I started using Faststone but when I'm looking through them, they weren't auto rotating. I checked through the settings and made sure that auto-rotate by EXIF orientation tag was checked. Still nothing.I was concerned that there might be an issue with the camera exporting the images so went directly onto the sd card and it's the same.

I tried the keyboard shortcut, ctrl+alt+a to auto-rotate, but received the pop up message, Based on EXIF orientation tag, no selected image needs JPEG lossless auto-rotation.

I opened DXO and thankfully all the files shot in portait were auto-rotated so it doesn't look as though there's an issue with the images.

Any suggestions?

stewart hull's gear list:stewart hull's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow