Adapter quirks (LM-EA7 + Fotodiox)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sportyaccordy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,650
Adapter quirks (LM-EA7 + Fotodiox)

After spending a week on the West Coast with both of these adapters I learned a couple of things:

• Fotodiox does not stop down between shots during AF-C- I checked on various lenses and this appeared to be the case. Ordinarily this is no big deal as I default to AF-S with the Fotodiox, except for the fact that...
  • LM-EA7 has much better accuracy in AF-C- LM-EA7 can get you in the ballpark with AF-S, but is a lot more accurate with AF-C

I'm bummed, but I think I'm gonna sell the LM-EA7. The fact that it's usable at all is amazing in itself, but I bought it to use with the Nokton 40.... problem is the Nokton 40 is pretty soft and hazy wide open, and F/2 is not far off from F/2.8, which I have much more easily available with my 40 STM. I also used the LM-EA7 with the MC 58 1.4, which worked well.

It's just a bit of a pain, between constantly having to re-program the focal lengths, and then having to switch all the settings back and forth if I want to use EF glass. If you are a more disciplined shooter and can stick with 1 focal length for long periods of time, I think it can work. But it's not for me. Going to sell all my MC stuff, along with the Nokton and LM-EA7 and just get the FE 55 and stick with my EF glass. Just a heads up I guess for anyone thinking about picking one up.

Does anyone know if Metabones stops down between shots in AF-C?

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony Alpha 7 II Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow