Lightroom 5 Questions for Editing RAW Images

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken Sills Contributing Member • Posts: 609
Lightroom 5 Questions for Editing RAW Images

Please forgive for asking these few questions in this forum, but I have an A6000 and an RX100 IV so the Sony forums are the ones I know best.

I just returned from a trip to the Norway Fjords where I shot RAW+JPEG on the advice of friends.  Previously I always just shot JPEG.

Now I have imported my photo set into LR5 for post-processsing for the first time.

I see where the default import is RAW only.  If I want to view the JPEG equivalents, do I have to re-import the JPEGs?

Prior to import, I have selected Enable Profile Corrections for things like lens distortion.  Is this profile correction applied automatically to every image in the import set, or do I have to apply to each RAW image by using a preset?

Is there a general rule for creating a preset of edits to apply to every imported RAW image?  For example to make photos appear "vivid".

Thanks for helping me with items that are probably completely elementary.

Ken

Sony a6000 Sony RX100 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow