Is my shutter about to go? D750..

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tommygun45 Senior Member • Posts: 1,369
Is my shutter about to go? D750..

I do real estate photography so I use my camera every day. I have a Sony A6500 as a backup but right now the real estate market is still in full swing so I'd rather not be without my workhorse for an extended period of time.

However on back to back days when I took my D750 out of my bag the first shot I have fired has resulted in an ERR message on the top LCD readout. The first time, two days ago, removing the battery and sd cards did not fix the problem. The shutter was stuck in the up position. I found a thread on here and a guy said that if you switch to mirror up mode, it will fix the problem. That was a god send, as it worked and I was able to continue my shoot.

Today I took it out of my bag, and again, the first shot I tried to take, I got the ERR message. I shut it off, turned it on, and it snapped a picture. I am at about 65,000 actuations. Should I send it in sooner than later? Anyone else actually have a shutter fail? I have only seen one ERR message and it was about 8 months and 25,000 actuations ago. But now I have had two in back to back days.

I just want to basically get as much use out of it as I can before they replace the good parts. Also of interesting note, I bought this camera gray 2 years ago for 1299, and Nikon will fix it. I have already been in contact with them over the matter. So thats cool.

Tommygun45's gear list:Tommygun45's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D750 Sony a6500 Sony a9 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow