5D Mark IV: Adjusting ISO while recording video?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
BlueCosmo5050
BlueCosmo5050 Senior Member • Posts: 1,236
5D Mark IV: Adjusting ISO while recording video?

Somehow I missed this, the entire time of owning the 5D Mark IV. It's because I mostly just shooting auto ISO with most videos I do but with set up shots, I do not.

I remember on the previous cameras I had the ISO connected to the, "SET," button, so I'd hold the SET button and roll the wheel and it would change the ISO. On the 5D Mark IV, I have it set to the new AF button instead of the SET button. Works fine... with photos.

However in video the set button nor the new button will work for changing ISO. Is this normal? Why would they take that away? I either have to touch the ISO button on the top of the camera which brings up the ISO on the screen where I can't see the shot or I have to use the touch screen and touch the ISO and then the dial will scroll through it.

Is there anyway to scroll through the ISO with a custom button like on the 6D/5D Mark iii or the 5D Mark Iv in photo mode?

BlueCosmo5050's gear list:BlueCosmo5050's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow