Upgrade to 80d or 7d?

Started Aug 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
Kaso Veteran Member • Posts: 3,976
Re: Upgrade to 80d or 7d?

Labmom60 wrote:

Thank you everyone.

Im thinking that I should start converting my lenses to FF and then buy a FF, probably 6D, 6DMII, 5DMII, or 5DMIII, either buy used or refurbished. I'm going check on eBay and Canon. It will be an early birthday present(62 yo) to myself

I am a few years older than you are. I would not recommend the 5D II or 5D III because they are simply too heavy for an elder person.

The 6D is perhaps suitable for you. In my earlier replies, I subtly suggested that your t6i is quite capable in most situations (based on my own practical experience with a T6s). Not knowing how you use your camera and not seeing any sample images, I am quite reluctant to say that you need to upgrade to a full-frame DSLR.

If you were a close friend, I would strongly urge you to consider a lighter/smaller camera (possibly mirrorless) -- unless you intend on creating masterpieces that are to be printed in large formats.

BTW, for telephoto lens, like a 70-300mm, is Canon or Tamron or Sigma better? I've read some reviews that the Canon isn't the best out of the 3. Also, I know the Canon ?75-300(or70-300) isn't the greatest but not sure if it's the EF-S lens? Any thoughts on a telephoto in this range? Thank you

Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM (latest version)

This can be used with your T6i. (I use a copy with my 80D and am pleased with it.)

However, keep in mind that it is relatively "slow" and may not be suitable for "low light" which seems to be your primary concern.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
Jim
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow