Best Settings and a UV/Clear Filter for the 7D Mk II & 100-400mm MK II Combo

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
makarandsaraf Senior Member • Posts: 1,186
Best Settings and a UV/Clear Filter for the 7D Mk II & 100-400mm MK II Combo

Hello,

Greetings from India. I am basically an enthusiast photographer interested in shooting Birds, Macros, Wildlife in general and landscape and nature shots.

I am new to the Canon family having migrated from the Olympus family (using it since the last 6 -7 years). I have recently laid my hands on a used Canon 100-400mm IS II lens and the very popular Canon EOS7D Mk II camera.

I would like your opinions on the preferred settings for this camera and lens combination-especially while shooting birds, birds in flight in areas with sometimes high temperatures, coastal areas and some foggy areas in winter. My primary interest is  shooting birds and wildlife. I do keep on visiting National parks in India frequently for the same and during winters the nature conserves in India are quite foggy. In summer the areas are hot and I live in the financial capital of India-Mumbai where the average Relative Humidity is around 80% throughout the year (and goes to around more than 90% in monsoons).

What sort of a filter would be suitable in such conditions, Do I need a UV filter or do I need a clear filter-please help. I am willing to pay for reputed brands like B+W or Marumi if needed to protect the lens.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

-- hide signature --

Makarand Saraf.

makarandsaraf's gear list:makarandsaraf's gear list
Olympus E-5 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +2 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow