35mm L / Sigma 35mm 1.4 and 100mm 2.8 L / 135mm l?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Austin7642 Forum Member • Posts: 51
35mm L / Sigma 35mm 1.4 and 100mm 2.8 L / 135mm l?

Just wondering, which combo would be best for versatility and overall walk around use, if I were to just use two prime lenses with my 6d. From what I have seen, the Sigma has better image quality, but the 35mm L has better build quality. The 100mm besides for macro has IS and seems to be more versatile for a broad field of photography.

I'm not planning to use the 35mm in extreme weather, but am still concerned about the durability of the Sigma art lens. I also have filters for .7 magnification, but have never had a true macro lens for 1:1 magnification. I'm also thinking I would like to pair this lens with my 70-200 for wildlife, as well as use for everything else from street photography to concerts and maybe even indoor sports. Or would the 135mm l even without is simply be a better lens?

Austin7642's gear list:Austin7642's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +3 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow