Nikon D3 Sensor Clean

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nikon D3 RBS New Member • Posts: 4
Nikon D3 Sensor Clean

Wondered if I could ask some advice about sensor cleaning on Nikon D3.

i have limited knowledge on this subject.

I recently purchased a used D3 to add to the D2H I purchased new 15 years ago. It is in excellent condition and has only 6000 shutter activations.

The D3 is fantastic and I can see why it gets rave reviews.

As a precaution I put it into my local Nikon approved service centre for a sensor clean and was told that it was quite dusty and that a small speck of dirt remained near the low pass filter (visible on images midway between centre of photo and 6 o'clock position) that would require a full strip down to safely remove. The spec is small and easily edited out but it would be nice if it wasn't there. The full strip down will cost almost £200. I'm not particularly keen on a strip down and wondered if anyone had heard of this being required for sensor clean or has any advice. I believe that a strip down be needed for troublesome dirt within viewfinder but obviously wouldn't appear on image but haven't been able to find any mention of it being needed for sensor clean.

I'm tempted to send it to another of the Nikon service centres for a sensor clean.

Thanks and Kind Regards.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D2H Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow