I used the X-T20 and it had a nasty surprise vs X-T2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thewoz Forum Member • Posts: 91
I used the X-T20 and it had a nasty surprise vs X-T2

The X-T20 sounded like the perfect upgrade for me from my G7 in terms of image quality. The image quality of the X-T2 for half the price.

But then I held it and tried to take pictures. I found the handling terrible. The viewfinder for me was unusable. I couldn't even put it up to my eye. I know the X-T2 is twice the price, but the problem is that the X-T20 is the same price as the G80. In terms of every day use, my G7 is way more comfortable to use and the video is better also.

I say if you're thinking about an X-T20 go and use it first if you can. It may not bother you at all, but if you don't like it this may be a deal breaker for some people. It definitely was for me.

On the up side, the X-T2 is hands down the most intuitive and comfortable mirrorless camera I've ever held. It really is an awesome camera. If I can find a way to sell my G7 I will definitely upgrade.

thewoz's gear list:thewoz's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow