Shoot with 15mm f1.7, 17.5mm f0.95 and 12-40 f2.8

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ab Latchin Regular Member • Posts: 299
Shoot with 15mm f1.7, 17.5mm f0.95 and 12-40 f2.8

It has been a while since I have posed, but I thought this would be interesting for m43rds shooters to see 3 lenses in use for a commercial project.

I was shooting on the fly for imagery, the subjects are not models but were roped into the project by the client, so instead of asking for posing as I would with a model I asked them to simply talk to each other while gesturing towards the computers or paperwork. This led to natural poses and positions and kept them comfortable while I was shooting, as opposed to them being too focused on the camera.

The 12-40 was great as usual, no real issues with CA, it was sharp and flexible (as a zoom). However I would have loved to have an extra stop for the aperture.

The 15mm f1.7 was again, a lovely lens, wide open there is some slight CA to deal with, but it is anice and contrasty, and the f1.7 helped keep the ISO down.

The 17.5mm f0.95 I pulled out, however wide open it is too soft for this type of work, so I was stopping down around 1.2 to 1.8. There is still quite a lot of CA at these apertures which takes some work to fix. The stopping down has me thinking to let it go and pick up the up-coming 17 f1.2 from Olympus.

Anyway, here are the three pictures, processed in ACR. Do you see a significant difference in the way the lenses draw?

12-40

15mm

17.5mm

As a final note, and I am not sure how many will read this far down. I was thinking of producing a few videos on using m43rds. Not review, but actual usag videos to help photographers using the system get the most out of the features available. Would you be interested?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow