Sigma 100-400 + 1.4 Tc any good on Quattro H

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
JayDog Forum Member • Posts: 85
Sigma 100-400 + 1.4 Tc any good on Quattro H

I know that Teleconverters are not the best for image quality but in a bind they can work pretty well.

So I shot the 100-400 sigma on a canon body and was really impressed by the IQ. The camera store did not have a sigma mount or I would of tried that.

It is   a steal of a lens.   That said I am looking for a walk around lens for various subjects  and studio work.  The zoom range of 100-400 is great for multiple subjects.  I shoot birds as well and at some time will consider the 150-600.  The 150-600 as walk around lens  is just to big to start off adding to my collection as my only zoom.

So i am curious if anybody has put a 1.4X teleconverter on the sigma 100-400?

Focus speed, type or brand would you suggest ?

How big of image impact are we talking by adding the TC to the 100-400 ?

Prefer any experiences with the Quattro H camera as well ?

I know the hard core dislike anything that can inflict IQ damage.  My options are shoot with a SL1 rebel in long distance shots using my 150-600 or use the Quattro H with a 100-400+TC1.4.  My thinking is the Sensor should be better with the Quattro vs an 18mp rebel.

That and I need to keep another camera an lens around for long distance bird shots.

thanks,

jay

Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D) Sigma sd Quattro H
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow